Stanley Avenue School Athletics Day
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
As you will have seen in our newsletters, this Wednesday the 4th of November is our annual Athletics Day for students 8 years and over. For some students this will be their first year competing so we thought it would be handy to send out a little reminder of how the day runs.
Students will need the following:
- Be at school before 9am . Students attending athletics will be leaving school at this time so any later comers may miss out on competing.
- Suitable walking shoes. Everyone walks from school to Herries Park and return, so footwear is essential.
- Plenty of water and snacks. It is a long and usually hot day so please ensure your child is well prepared for this.
- School issue hat and sunblock. Put on before arrival at school and if possible take personal sunscreen for top ups during the day.
- Waka coloured plain t-shirt and uniform shorts can be worn. A school jersey or jacket would be a good idea in case the weather changes.
As always, please make sure that everything is named as clearly as possible.
If you have any other questions or queries do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher.
Hayley Williams, Annmarie Trow, Debbie Hamilton and Jess Roycroft.